Sunday, August 26, 2007

First timer

My first time as moderator

 


On the 11 August, I was requested by Lee Khai Loon, to chair a plenary discussion entitled "The Role of Media in Building a Harmonious Society", a media workshop organized by SIRD (Social Information Research Development). 


Ohhh... I'm really nervous to be moderator for this session, but somehow everyone got his/her first time, me too. So I took up the job.


 


I laughed at myself after the session ended, just like a virgin who go on his first time (處男下海), kelam kabut-lah.


It is so difficult for the first timer to meet their expectation, me too.


 


By using my broken English to chair plenary discussion which the presentation were by experienced resource person with the wide knowledge of media study and government news agency.


 


100_5949[1]

Two distinguish speaker were Dr Mustafa K.Anuar (right) and Yong Soo Heong (left).


 Dr Mustafa is Associate Prof at School of Communications, USM, Joint Coordinator of Charter2000-Aliran, media advocator).


Yong Soo Heong is Editor-in-Chief of BERNAMA, he sets the record as the first non-Melay EIC since the National News Agency was incorporated 40 years ago.


Yong, who home town from Penang, joined Bernama as a cadet reporter in August 1974. 


He holds a diploma in journalist from the Virginia Journalist Centre in the United States, was the Economic News Desk editor from 2000 before his promotion to Economic Service executive editor on August 1, 2004.  


 


It is ok, I knew my presentation not that presentable... doesn't matter, practice make perfect. I'll try if given the chance next time.

1 comment: